There’s something about classics that we just can’t seem to get enough of them in our wardrobe. Maybe it’s about that grace and sophistication associated with them, or their magical ability to balance out even the trendiest element of any ensemble; either ways we are proud to confess our love for wardrobe classics. And for proof, we asked the absolutely fantabulous fashion and celebrity stylist, Meagan Concessio to help us round up the many ways to elevate classics and add a little more chicness to their existing elegance; after all she really knows her way around the classic style circuit.
Runway Square: What do you think makes a wardrobe classic stand out?
Meagan Concessio: For me, what makes a classic so distinctive is just how simple and understated it is.
RSQ: How would you elevate the following for current times?
1. Little Black Dress – Well, just add to the timelessness of the LBD with a sleek bun, black sheer tights and some killer Amina Muaddi heels.
2. White Shirt & Blue Denims – Elevate the ease of this classic look with a cap, New Balance kicks and the tiniest vintage bag you can find.
3. All White & All Black – While you need a grey or khaki jacket, animal print sunglasses and shoes to spice up an all white look, you just need a little bling for an all black ensemble along with additional play of different textures. And to be honest, black and white accessories look so interesting with both the looks.
4. Trench Coat – Recently, I styled a trench coat over a pleated skirt and round-toe block heels. And to make such a look sharper, add a structured bag like the Mini Lady Dior or Mini Hermès Birkin.
5. Tuxedo – Add a little drama to this classic with a huge bow tie, an incredible hat and a sick pair of boots.
6. Plaid – Opt for plaid on plaid by playing with different variations, though I have to add that Sobhita Dhulipala’s look from the GQ Awards made all my plaid dreams come true.
7. Red Evening Wear – All you need is heaps of gold and diamond jewellery and a Judith Leiber clutch to elevate this classic glam look.
8. Leather Biker Jacket – Strike a balance with a floral printed dress and combat boots in case of a biker jacket emergency.
Rhea Kapoor, Sobhita Dhulipala, Tara Sutaria, Lisa Mishra, Shanaya Kapoor & Richa Chadha styled by Meagan Concessio
Image Courtesy: Meagan Concessio/Instagram
RSQ: And is there a particular classic that you are always inclined to use when styling?
Meagan Concessio: Oh! That has to be blazers. I just can’t get enough of them. You can elevate just about any look with a blazer.
RSQ: One special style suggestion that you would want to share with RSQ readers?
Meagan Concessio: So, whenever putting together an outfit, at least one part of it should be something you’d see yourself wearing your whole life; making it a timeless essential for you.
Hello! The Runway Square team is excited that you’re here and we would love to hear what you have to say about this story. Leave a comment below or holler at us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram :*