Aishwarya Nair Mathew – hotelier (The Leela Group), Food & Wine consultant and soon-to-be fashion entrepreneur, writes about her favourite beauty heavyweights that keep her going as she jet sets around the world. Read on.
Traveling a lot is my thing. Whether it’s for work or play, I love being on a plane. It almost like a sacred place. Uninterrupted – time to yourself. A perfect space to declutter your thoughts, catch up on entertainment missed and best of all rest.
It comes as no surprise, that being in and out of airports and cities takes a huge toll on your skin. And as I am about to launch my own Fashion Label in a month, my stress levels are digital. So these tricks really help with making me look composed even though my mind is racing & multitasking 100 things at once. As a self-proclaimed beauty addict, here are my go-to products. They keep me looking and feeling fresh despite my travel schedule. And who wouldn’t want to match the way they look with how they feel?
1. CHANEL Le Lift Anti-wrinkle Flash eye revitalizer: The perfect travel companion, Chanel’s eye lift comes in a tiny roller bottle with patches, TSA approved. Needless to say – as you age, the under eye being the most sensitive part of your face tends to get affected the most. Le lift patches are magical firming and anti-wrinkle potions that give some recuperation to your under eyes and imbue them with vitality. A must-have product on long-haul flights.
2. PAI Rosehip Bio Regenerate Oil: Possibly my preferred product for a couple of years now. This little elixirs’ potency manifests a brighter, more supple skin feel. Having Natalie Portman as their brand ambassador is 100% effective on me! Perfect for life on the go, this oil transforms your face. Also, it is a best kept secret force against pesky acne.
3. HERBIVORE BOTANICALS Pink Cloud Rosewater Moisture Creme: Lustrous glow? Check, please! This moisturizer has a super replenishing effect. Being a lightweight and non-chemically enhanced is the right way to treat your skin before and after a flight. Rose water and aloe soothe, whereas the white tea extract with its antioxidants encourages a natural gleam.
4. ALAÏA Scented Oil For Body & Hair: Being a wine director my life is all about the scent! One of the most pleasurable experiences of life is borne by fragrance. The Alaïa body and hair oil has a perfect balance of cool chalk and warmer musk. Its nuances include floral essences and sweet spice notes. Unlike other conditioning oils, this one is light and easy to use. I also love that I can quench my skin and hair with the same product. The scent lingers and peps your my mood.
5. THE ORDINARY Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5: A must use if you are sleep deprived. Hyaluronic Acid wakes up and nourishes your skin. It’s best to use on your bare, freshly cleansed face before you moisturize. At home, I pair this with La Mer night moisturizer on days I have to wake up to catch early morning flights. It really does add a necessary dose of hydration which I think we could all use. And the best part is that its vegan and animal cruelty-free!
6. FOREST ESSENTIALS Ayurvedic Sheet Masks: Being make-up free is an important essential for your skin. Especially when you are on a long flight. Luckily, now in India, we have the perfect companion sheet masks to carry on the go. The mask cools your skin, hydrates and gives you a moist luminous look. I love using them to relax. The glow after this mask is unlike the one professional makeup give you. It’s a little more honest real and intimate. The stunning vivid, bold colour packaging and the fact that they’re made with organic ingredients is just a plus. I Recommend the Sundari Deep Hydration Mask.
These were my few beauty tricks to keep me going. But sleep, I reckon, is the best thing you could adopt to replenish feeling 100 percent before you reach your destination. Happy travels and see you at the airport!
Hello! The Runway Square team is excited that you’re here and we would love to hear what you have to say about this story. Leave a comment below or holler at us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram :*